Agent Training for Ages 9-12
Whether it’s public speaking or collaborating with peers, YHA Agent Training models essential leadership techniques that will immediately help students in and out of the classroom. Agents tackle daily missions using Scratch, a user-friendly, visual programming tool that empowers students to quickly start developing their own video games and interactive stories. The challenge is to come up with a project that will not only entertain their friends, but also teach something about important topics that are impacting our local and global community.
Team Elektra for Girls Ages 10-14
The brilliant ones! A celebration of creative problem-solving and empowerment, YHA Team Elektra all-girls program explores how the combination of computer science and digital expression can make a difference in the local and global community. As a grassroots organization, Team Elektra members develop interactive stories using Scratch, and collaborate on inspirational videos and websites about meaningful issues. They learn how to use code to create a powerful message that communicates to the world who we are and the positive change that we seek. Following the lead of successful women shaping the future in tech, YHA Team Elektra unleashes confidence and life skills in a week full of creativity, design, color, and fun. Wait until you see what we create with code!
- Agent Kit (T-shirt, workbook, and diploma)
- 6:1 student-to-instructor ratio
What your child will learn at YHA:
- The core concepts of computer programming and video game design
- (Team Elektra) HTML and other web development
- How to build a technical journal
- Strategies for efficient collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking—ability to pitch and present work
- Exploration of important local and global issues