Agent Training (for Ages 9-12)
Whether it’s public speaking or collaborating with peers, YHA Agent Training models essential leadership techniques that will immediately help students in and out of the classroom. Agents tackle daily missions using Scratch, a user-friendly, visual programming tool that empowers students to quickly start developing their own video games and interactive stories. The challenge is to come up with a project that will not only entertain their friends, but also teach something about important topics that are impacting our local and global community.
Beta Masters (for Ages 12-15)
Imagine a small indie game studio that has 5 days to pitch, design and build a new video game. Following a real-world production cycle, YHA Beta Masters work in teams to develop an innovative game prototype from conception to completion. Campers will use the Stencyl game engine to take their computational learning to the next level, creating original graphics and bringing them to life with Haxe coding. The program culminates with a beta release party for friends and family.
- Agent Kit (T-shirt, journal, and diploma)
- 6:1 student-to-instructor ratio
What your child will learn at YHA:
- The core concepts of computer programming and video game design
- How to build a technical journal
- Strategies for efficient collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking—ability to pitch and present work
- Exploration of important local and global issues